- On September 19-21 – the Cape Kiwanda Longboard Classic will be held. As you know CKLC is now an adhoc fundraising committee for NVCA – all funds raised at the Longboard Classic will go toward the Skate Park.
- The site committee is evaluating 3 proposals from designers for a final concept plan for the park
- Clearing the park area – The park development committee is looking into the best method to clear the debris in the park itself.
- The fence is done and we are pleased to report the gate is also completed – drove by yesterday and saw that the gate rail has been installed.
- The Science Camp was a great success this year with over 70 children participating. NVSD is working with NVCA board members on additional opportunities.
As you are aware we need help. NVCA is a grass roots – all volunteer organization and our mission is to promote recreational and educational opportunities in South County. We need folks who want to be involved with talents from all areas. We are looking for board members, committe members for the park, site planning and fund raising. We need people with all skills – computer, writing, organizing, grand writing, event planning.