NVCA is excited to report to you that we have made some significant progress on the Park in 2016 and 2017. We …….
- Received a TLT grant of to develop the gravel parking lot at the entrance of the park property.
- Contracted with HHPR for the landscape engineering and Earthworks (a local contractor) for construction of the parking lot
- Were awarded a grant from Trust Management Services LLC (TMS) for the fifth annual and very successful Science Camp in 2017
- Were given a grant from Tillamook Public Utility District (TPUD) to install a radio controller gate providing security and emergency vehicle access to the park 24/7.
- Opened and operated a functional parking lot to help relieve the parking hassle for visitors and residents at Cape Kiwanda
- Earned approximately $3,000 from parking proceeds with the lot operation.
We are on our way – and in 2018 will aggressively pursue grants to fund a children’s playground, picnic benches, trash and restroom facilities for the park. We plan on an Open House for the park where visitors and residents alike can tour the park property, study the drawings and see that the community park is on its way. Watch for future announcements.
We need your continuing support so, please visit the website at www.nestuccca.org to volunteer and/or donate to this worthy cause. Mail donations to PO Box 253, Pacific City, Oregon 971235.
Join us at the next NVCA Community Park Meeting, Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 1:00 pm at the Kiawanda Community Center, 34600 Cape Kiwanda Drive, Pacific City. Oregon. This is open to the public all can attend. Looking forward to seeing you there.